We make these muffins all the time... mainly because we never finish our bananas and stockpile them in the freezer. If you didn't already know, when your bananas start to go bad, or get too mushy, you can save them in the freezer, and they are perfectly sweet for baking.
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 3 Bananas (Medium or Large)
- 3/4 Cups of Sugar (We use coconut sugar)
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup of Butter
:: Preheat oven to 375 degres and Grease a 12-Muffin Tin ::
1. Sift all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Bring bananas to room temperature (if you had them in the freezer)
3. Mix bananas, sugar, egg, and butter together in a small bowl and then incorporate into the dry ingredients
4. Pour into greased muffin tin
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes (check with a toothpick) - all ovens vary
*** We typically add cinnamon, chocolate chips, and nuts to our batter. Add whatever goodies you love! ***
Muffin Crumble Topping
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Mix together and sprinkle on cooling muffins.
This recipe has been adapted from All Recipes.