How To Blog
|This is how I feed today...because I am blogging.|
Thanks to Jeff at http://goinswriter.com, it's beginning to make more sense. Here Jeff explains how to narrow down by establishing these three pieces:
Subject -> Theme -> Objective
We thought we would share with you our journey of discovery - what is our blogging purpose?
- What are we passionate about?
our business, making small business work, our home, living by faith
- In what topic do we have expertise or a desire to learn?
design, home decor/room arrangement, education, woodworking, small business, family, budget, patience, trust...
- What could I write about for a year without running out of ideas or energy?
using personal anecdotes....how to make a house a home
Jeff encourages you to pick one, and only one subject.
We chose "making your house a home", it ties to The Honey Shack as well.
- How can I break this subject down into its various components?
Home decor, Organization, DIY, Where to Buy, Capturing a Look, Cleaning Tips, Budget Friendly Design, Rearranging what you have, etc.
- What do I want to concentrate on?
This part I am still working on. It's something related to using what you have, minimizing the "stuff" and making your home a place of peace and rest.
- Is there a specific manner in which I want to attack this issue? What will my writing “voice” be? (e.g. Humorous, sarcastic, practical, anecdotal, etc.)
When I was a writing teacher the anecdotes were what always moved me most. I suppose anecdotal would be best, as long as I don't carry on too much :).
Specific manner...does it have to be intentional?
- What do I want to accomplish with my writing?
We want to connect to people and inspire.
- What impression do I want to leave?
We want to leave an impression of humility, that we are vulnerable, real people.
- What’s my goal? How do I measure it?
We want to bless you, our readers...