SAM LOVES CINNAMON ROLLS! Seriously, he could live on them. He doesn't care much for Valentine's Day, but to show a little love, this is what I make him.
- 14 Rhodes Dough Bread Rolls
(These can be purchased in a large bag in the freezer section of most grocery stores, the rolls are about 2" in diameter when frozen.)
1 1/2 Sticks Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/8 - 1/4 Cup Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Water
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1. Place frozen dough balls on counter to defrost for about 20 minutes
2. Prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Once defrosted cut the dough balls in half (28 total pieces)
3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan or bowl (in the microwave)
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the sugars and the cinnamon
5. First you will form the outline of the heart - using 14 of the dough pieces. Dip each piece in the butter followed by the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place the pieces on the prepared cookie sheet. Once the outline is formed use the remaining dough pieces (14) to fill the heart. Shape the dough as needed.
6. Set out on counter and cover for 2-3 hours until dough has doubled in size
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven)
8. Prepare the icing. Add water and butter to a saucepan and melt. Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar. Stir until smooth.
9. Once the cinnamon buns have cooled move from the parchment paper on a a large plate or serving board, you may have to reshape the heart, decorate with icing, and enjoy!